A medicines use review is an appointment with a pharmacist to focus on how you are getting on with your medication. This is an NHS service – you don’t need to pay for it.
What is the medicines review for?
- It will help you to find out more about the medicines you are taking.
- Address any problems you are having with your medicines.
- Improve the effectiveness of your medicines.
- There may be easier ways to take them, or you may find you need fewer medicines than before.
- Get better value for the NHS – making sure that your medicines are right for you prevents unnecessary waste.
The pharmacist you meet with will have questions to ask you and may suggest changes to your medicines. You may have concerns or questions that you want to ask. You can ask anything at all about your medicines.
How long will the medicines review take?
The review typically takes around 15 minutes and is held in one of our private consultation rooms. Everything you tell us is totally confidential.
Do I need to book?
Not always. Walk-in appointments are often available, but give us a call and we can book an appointment time that is convenient for you.
Remember, you can ask your pharmacist questions at any time, but a review will give you both more time to concentrate on you and your medication.